What are the benefits of Water chestnuts?
Water chestnut is a well-known fruit in the countryside. Not only in the village but also in the city market or on the sidewalk fruit traders can be seen in this fruit.
These green, strange-looking fruits could not find a place in the big fruit shops. Another name of Water chestnut is Shingra. The name is thought to have been derived from the fact that the fruits are notched like horns. Somewhere it is also called Water Singara.
The scientific name of Water chestnut is Trapa natans. Its English name is water chestnut. Water chestnut is also known as water caltrop, buffalo nut, devil pod. Although Water chestnut is native to Europe, Asia, and Africa, it is first seen in North America. But in some places in the United States, the fruit tree is considered a weed! It is known that watermelon was cultivated in China about 3000 years ago.
Water chestnut is an annual aquatic plant. It has roots in the ground underwater and its leaves float on the water. One tree can grow up to about 5 meters tall. The small flowers of the four petals of Water chestnut are very captivating!
Fruit cultivation starts in the month of Bhadra-Ashwin and fruits are collected in the month of Agrahayan-Poush. The fruits are red when young, then green and black when ripe. The fruit is capable of germination up to 12 years. However, it usually germinates within 2 years.
Water chestnuts can be eaten both raw and boiled. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Water chestnut is used in many special Chinese dishes.
First of all, let’s know about its nutritional value. For every 100 grams of the edible part of the water chestnut, that is, if the total amount of shells beyond the shell is 100 grams, it contains:
- Food energy is 65 kcal
- It contains 84.9 grams of water
- Minerals – 0.9 g
- Dietary fiber – 1.6 g
- Meat – 2.5 g
- Sugar – 11.7 grams
- Calcium – 10 mg
- Iron – 0.8 mg
- Vitamin B1 – 0.18 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 0.05 g
- Vitamin C – 15 mg
- The amount of fat in one water result – 0.9 g
- In addition, there is potassium, zinc, vitamin E. Contains plenty of antioxidants and anti-bacterial ingredients.
- It went nutritious. Let’s take a look at its medicinal properties or food properties or what are the benefits?
- The first thing is that water chestnut eliminates the lack of nutrition in the body due to having so many nutrients.
- water chestnut cures stomach ailments.
- Helps to control blood pressure.
- Gives strength to the weak body.
- Corrects swelling of hands and feet.
- It cures the inflammation of the liver.
- It is a fruit of sexual enhancement.
- Very useful to fix the problem of excess of season.
- It even has anti-cancer properties.
- There is no pair of water chestnuts to cool the body.
- Helps to remove toxins from the body.
- There is no comparison of water chestnut to cure nausea and digestive problems.
- Works to relieve insomnia.
- water chestnut helps to get relief from cold and flu.
- May reduce bronchitis, anemia.
- Allergies are eliminated by making bread by drying the shell of the fruit.
- Destroys biliary diseases.
- Blood stops diarrhea.
- Eliminates urinary problems.
- Eliminates body infections.
- Reduces distaste. Brings appetite to food.
- Relieves lower abdominal pain.
- If you are bitten by a poisonous or poisonous insect, apply water chestnut beet on that place and the pain will be reduced quickly and the wound will be healed.
- Not only this, but water chestnut is also perfect for enhancing the radiance of the skin and keeping it fresh and youthful.
- The medicinal properties of the fruit are good for the hair.
- Fills the body with water deficiency.
Water chestnut has not only nutritional value but also medicinal properties. Let’s find out now … Drying the fruit shell and making bread reduces allergies and swelling of hands and feet. Water chestnut is very useful for diarrhea and lower abdominal pain. If the scorpion bites other insects and burns, the pain is quickly relieved by crushing or squeezing raw watermelon on the wound. Raw watermelon is a strong, easily digestible food for weak and sick people. Paniphal has enough sugars and proteins. The shells can be eaten dry.
* Allergies and swelling of hands and feet are reduced by making bread by drying the shell of watermelon. Water chestnut is very useful for diarrhea and lower abdominal pain. Paniphal also helps reduce high blood pressure.
* There is no pair of Water chestnuts to cool the body. Water chestnut helps to remove toxins from the body. Paniphal is rich in antioxidants. This fruit has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Paniphal even works as an anticancer.
* There is no pair of watermelon to eliminate nausea and digestion problems. This fruit helps to eliminate insomnia and weakness. Water chestnuts can give relief from cold and flu.
* This fruit can reduce bronchitis and anemia. Water chestnut works well in controlling blood pressure as it contains potassium.
* Water chestnut is also impeccable to keep the skin bright and fresh. Rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin B, vitamin E, Paniphal keeps hair well.
* Water chestnut diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and taste enhancer.
Water chestnut has been used as a medicine for a long time. It has no side effects.