How many Calories in a Cucumber

How many calories are in a cucumber? This is a question that I get asked a lot, and it’s one that I’m always happy to answer.

Cucumbers are a low calorie food, and they’re also a great source of hydration. One medium cucumber has only about 40 calories. And while cucumbers don’t have a lot of nutritional value, they’re still a healthy option when you’re looking for something to eat.

So, next time you’re wondering how many calories are in a cucumber, remember that they’re not as high as you might think. And if you’re looking for a tasty, healthy snack, cucumbers are a great choice.

Cucumber nutrition

A cucumber is a refreshing and hydrating food that is low in calories and high in water content. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), a 1-cup (104-gram) serving of cucumber slices has 16 calories .

Cucumbers are mostly composed of water — about 96% by weight. The other 4% consists of carbs and tiny amounts of fat, protein, and fiber.

One cup (104 grams) of cucumber slices provides (2):

  • Calories: 16
  • Carbs: 3.4 grams
  • Fiber: 0.5 grams
  • Protein: 0.5 grams
  • Fat: 0.1 grams
  • Vitamin K: 21% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
  • Vitamin B5: 6% of the RDI
  • Potassium: 5% of the RDI

Calories in cucumber

A cucumber is a good source of hydration, providing 95% of water by weight.
They are also low in calories, containing just 16 calories per 100g.
Cucumbers contain minerals such as potassium and magnesium, as well as vitamins C and K.

Cucumber benefits

Cucumbers are low in calories but high in beneficial nutrients. They contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber and water. This makes them an ideal food to include in a weight loss diet.

Cucumbers are mostly water. They also contain a type of soluble fiber called pectin, which has been shown to promote weight loss. In one study, rats who were given pectin ate less and lost weight (1).

Cucumbers are also a good source of Vitamins C and K, as well as potassium and magnesium. These nutrients are all important for maintaining good health and preventing chronic disease (2).

Cucumbers have a high water content, which makes them very filling. In one study, people who ate cucumber slices felt just as full as those who ate rice (3). This is because water fills up your stomach, making you less likely to eat more than you need.

Cucumbers may also help to prevent bloated feelings. This is because they contain insoluble fiber, which helps keep things moving through your digestive system (4). Bloating can often be caused by constipation or dehydration – both of which cucumbers can help with!

Cucumber weight loss

Cucumbers are low in calories and contain important nutrients that can help you lose weight. For example, cucumbers are a good source of fiber, which can help you feel full and eat less. They’re also hydrating, so they can help you stay hydrated and avoid overeating.

Cucumber diet

Cucumbers are low in calories but high in nutrients, making them an excellent choice for a diet food. One cup of cucumber slices has only 16 calories, but it provides significant amounts of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber. Cucumbers are also a good source of vitamins A and K.

Cucumber health

Cucumbers are low in calories and a good source of fiber. They also contain vitamins C and K, and a variety of minerals. Eat them whole or cut them up in salads, smoothies, or as a healthy snack.

Cucumber juice

Cucumber juice is a refreshing and hydrating beverage that’s low in calories and high in nutrients. One cup (240 ml) of unsweetened cucumber juice contains:

  • Calories: 16
  • Protein: 1 gram
  • Carbs: 4 grams
  • Fiber: 1 gram
  • Vitamin C: 14% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
  • Vitamin K: 38% of the RDI
  • Manganese: 10% of the RDI
  • Potassium: 11% of the RDI

Cucumber juice is also a good source of other important nutrients, including vitamin A, magnesium, and zinc.

Cucumber recipes

If you’re looking for healthy and delicious cucumber recipes, you’ve come to the right place. From refreshing salads to cool soups, we’ve got everything you need to make the most of this tasty and nutritious vegetable.

Cucumbers are a great source of hydration, vitamins A and C, and potassium. They’re also low in calories, making them an ideal food for weight loss or weight management. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a side dish for dinner, you can’t go wrong with one of our healthy cucumber recipes.