Ankle fractures are an embarrassing problem. This problem occurs due to the dry season and lack of moisture. When the foot is cracked, there is a pain in the ankle. Prolonged cracking of the legs can lead to infection, pain in the legs, swelling of the legs, and disruption of daily movement.
Causes of cracked feet
- Walking barefoot
- Standing and working for a long time
- Wear tight shoes
- Working in the dust
- Farm work
- Do not drink a moderate amount of water
- Excessive leg sweating
- Lack of vitamins A, C, and E.
In addition to the above causes, some diseases can also cause leg fractures. E.g.-
Palmoplantar keratoderma: This is a genetic disease. In this case, the patient’s skin is thick. Thicker and thicker skin tends to be rough and stiff due to which it will rupture later. Cracks can be caused by various germs that can cause severe inflammation or infection.
Psoriasis: It is a type of autoimmune disease. The disease is characterized by scarring of the hands and feet, itching, and skin rashes. In the case of psoriasis on the palms of the hands and feet, the affected area ruptures, and red flesh is seen. This crack increases in winter.
Pityriasis Rubra pilaris: This is a genetic disease. People who have this disease in winter, their hands and feet become very dry and their feet get cracked like psoriasis.
How to remedy
The first and foremost condition in the prevention of foot itch disease is to keep the skin soft and smooth. That is why what can be done-
- Do not walk barefoot
- Wearing comfortable soft shoes
- Drink enough water
- Massage coconut oil
- Regular use of Vaseline
- Rub the feet with jhama stone or pumice stone to remove the dead skin of the feet, and then massage with coconut oil.
- Make it a habit to wear socks as soon as winter starts. The feet will be free from cold, dust, and pollution.
- Dip your feet in half a bucket of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt for half an hour. Not only those who have problems with cracked feet, but anyone can do it to keep their feet healthy.
- Apply an equal amount of glycerin and rose water mixture on the cracked area of the foot and leave it overnight. This will reduce cracked feet and pain. Glycerin keeps skin soft. On the other hand, rose water contains vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E. Also contains antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Also, drink plenty of water. Problems like dry skin and cracked feet occur when you eat less water / watery foods. Most of the problems of foot fractures can be avoided if you are careful in advance.