Tomato Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy, homemade salad to make for your next backyard barbecue or potluck, then look no further than this delicious tomato salad recipe! This tomato salad recipe is so light and refreshing that it will easily become a summer staple in your household.
Such a simple addition to your dinner menu and so many possibilities with this salad! We’ve got everything from the classic red onion and green bell pepper combo to some awesome additions like bacon, blue cheese crumbles, avocado, or even sun-dried tomatoes! For a more vegetarian-friendly version of this tomato salad recipe, we recommend substituting the bacon with cooked chicken instead.
Shrimp tomato salad recipe
Tomato salad with shrimp is a great way to use up excess tomatoes. This simple recipe is full of flavor and great as a side dish or even as the main meal. It’s also a great way to sneak in some extra protein!
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound small cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Watercress or baby arugula
- Shrimp is the key ingredient in this recipe, but you can also use canned beans or chickpeas. Just make sure you don’t overcook them or they will turn to mush!
- Core your tomatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks. You can leave them whole if you like, but it’s easier to eat when they’re smallish.
- Make sure to only add healthy ingredients such as olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper. Fresh herbs like parsley, mint, or basil are also a great addition! By adding healthy ingredients, you give your body the nutrients it needs to thrive!
Step 1: Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Fold in tomatoes; cover and chill for 1 hour.
Step 2: Stir in bacon. Serve shrimp mixture over watercress.